Zip file Recovery Tool
ZIP file repair software can be used to repair corrupt zip files and folders. Once repaired, damaged .zip and zipx files become re-usable. These tools have advanced in-built algorithms to identify the underlying fault in a broken zip file, and fix the fault. There is a windows and mac version of this tool. The Windows version can be used to repair files on Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 2003 and 2008, Windows XP, and Windows Vista etc.
Mentioned below are the remarkable features of zip folder recovery tool:
- It repairs.zip, .zipx files
- This tool can repair damaged zip files with CRC errors
- Large zip files of size 4GB or more can also be repaired
- It can fix corrupt zip files stored on any storage media
- This application has a preview mode to help you see the fixed file before restoring it
- The application has an simple easy-to-use interface
- It also fixes 32 bit and 64 bit zip files
- It makes corrupt zip file recovery fast and effective
Causes for corruption of zip file:
Virus attack: This leads to severe corruption of zip files. It usually takes place when the zip folders are compressed beyond a limit.
Transfer error: It is one of the major causes for corruption of zip. It occurs when we wish to download zip, .zip, zipx files from the internet via emails etc.
CRC error: Cyclic Redundancy Check error appears when we try to read a document file from a corrupt Compact Disk. It takes place when zip files download will be incomplete because of power failure or virus attack.
Remember, if your zip files are not opening, you can always rely on a repair tool to set it right.
Steps that need to be carried out to fix malfunctioning zip file:
Step 1: Download and install the application. Browse and choose your zip file or your zipx file using ‘Browse’ button and select the “Repair” tab so kick off the repair process.
Step 2: Scanning of the zip file begins along with repair. After a while you get an option to preview the file.
Step 3: If the repair is successful you need to choose a particular location to restore the repaired files.